Thursday, November 20, 2008

marge simpson's hair don't

i've come to the conclusion that this blog is not always a true refelction of my personality, because i only blog when i am either

a. manic

or

2. taking myself too seriously.

sooooo. i've decided to write more often and not filter myself so much through the collinder that is "how others may percieve me." so there. i tried to type the noise that comes when you stick your tongue out at someone, but it didn't really work. "plllllllltttthhhhhhhh" is the closest i can get. besides there's like five of you that read this right? when i'm famous there will be more followers i'm sure, but by then i'll have to tuck away some of my older posts and you'll be the only ones to have read my deepest darkest buuuullll. today at work i had several funny moments with myself. one in particular came when i was bent over stocking to-go containers, like fully-at the waist-touch them toes guurl-bent over, and this couple walked in the door and my ASS was the first thing that greeted them. there were none of the other waitresses out front until after they were already inside the door and long after i had realized they were there. how embaressing is that? it's like "hi! welcome to el jardin! still wanna eat?" doubtful. i didn't even say anything. i let someone else deal with them. thank goodness they ate on the patio. i could officially wash my hands of them and their culinary explorations. i'm sure they were nice, but we got way too personal way too fast and i just couldn't bring myself to invest further in the relationship. this reminds me of another time not so long ago that i made an ASS (hahaha get it?) out of myself at the same job. this interesting guy about my age showed up alone and he was really friendly and asked for a table on the patio. i obliged. he asked me how i was doing as i set his chips and salsa on the table. i answered and asked him the same. he answered. then after putting his hand on his cheek he began to talk to me more. i was kind of interested in what he was saying so i gave the obligatory "hmmms," "yeas," and "uh huhs." he then asked me another question and just as i was getting ready to answer he raised the hand he'd apparently been holding his jaw together with, and pointed to his CELL PHONE! hah! i was carrying on a conversation with a man who was talking to someone else! i could have died. i sent another waitress out there and once again avoided the patio for the rest of his dining experience. sometimes. blithering idiot. i am.

i am embracing my strangeness.
and reading more.
oh and i need need need matching (top and bottom) plaid (preferably flannel) pajamas.

get your egg-nog on.

1 comment:

avasmommy said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! This is freakin hilarious! I love it....and I love you. Reasons like this are EXACTLY why!!!!