Thursday, April 17, 2008

lions of promise

bare legs.
painted toes.
a sun dress.
and new sandals.
wild curly hair.
sunglasses, old tunes.
and windowsill perching.
the scent of fresh cut grass.
today is just right.


i had a vision yesterday. it was interrupted by a quiet knock at the door. but was sweet and full of promise nonetheless.
it was of my son. one i have obviously not given birth to just yet. (insert giggle). he was two or three with a headfull of sandy curls. i was watching him from a few yards away as he sat perched on the back of a lion. he laughed and tossled the giant's mane. everything about this gift was beautiful and comforting. a promise of reconciliation among all Daddy's creatures. an assurance of peaceful days to come. it may get worse before it gets better, my friends, but until then i will continue to earnestly seek the face of the One who can breathe this divination into being.

a friend here approached me today and said he had a dream of lions attacking this place where we live and work. his words made me smile as i recalled all the work God is doing. unbeknownst to him i had prayed last night that He would send Holy Spirit to invade the grounds and the people who inhabit them. i believe that as he slept God was showing him this. as i began to walk up the stairs to my room, my friend stopped me and said, "that's not all. you know the painting you're working on? the one of the lion?" "yes." i said with a smile. (it is a painting Father gave me several weeks ago that is yet to be finished.) "i hadn't seen it before," he continued. "not until this morning, but that lion. the one in your painting. the one with flames in it's eyes. that lion was in my dream."

wow. Daddy. wow.

No comments: