Tuesday, February 03, 2009

long distance phone calls

i'm feeling less invincible than i was yesterday. but my outlook is still positive. one of the great joys of my life is nights like tonight when my brother and i huddle around a phone in columbia, california and the rest of our family huddles around a phone in dresden, ohio and we exchange songs. we don't talk too much, but instead connor and i pull out the guitar and the banjo on this end and tygar pulls out his guitar on the other and mom listens in as we exchange songs. songs we've learned. songs we've written. and we sing to eachother. until the three hour time difference forces ty to announce that he must wash his face and hit the sheets. it reminds me of nights when we shared the same space and played until our eyelids grew heavy. goodnight my dear family. however dysfuntional, i love you.

.my brothers.





No comments: